Role: Licensed Lay Minister
Bio: I was born in 1952, and have lived in Ely since 1979. Katy and I were married in 1980, and we have two children who have left home. I worked as a teacher and manager at the King's School, but am now retired. I am a Licensed Lay Minister and Church Treasurer at St Mary's, and with Katy co-ordinate the Home Groups. My other passions are walking, mountains (particularly the Highlands of Scotland), travel, Star Wars, Harry Potter and Bob Dylan
A few quick questions:
1. Cheese or Chocolate? Chocolate by a long way, though my 60th birthday party had a ‘chocolate and cheese’ theme.
2. Theatre or Cinema? Cinema
3. Favourite Colour? Autumn shades
4. Favourite Holiday Destination? Scotland, now that (post kids) I’ve no reason to go to Center Parcs
5. Favourite Birthday Present? Lego model VW campervan
6. What get's you up in the morning? Impatience
7. Three things you'd put in Room 101? Invented verbs (especially ‘gifted’ instead of ‘gave’); game shows (too easy, I know); TV newsreaders who say they’ll ‘see me’ tomorrow (unless they know something about modern TVs that I don’t).
8. If I had more time I would... be even busier
9. Favourite quote that means something to you?. ‘Time past and time future / What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present’. (TS Eliot, Burnt Norton)
10. What St Mary's means to you? Home